NFU Stoneleigh Park
Following the successful implementation of the soft landscaping scheme in 2006, Bernhard’s continued with the ongoing maintenance works for a further six year period. Almost uniquely in the modern day environment the works were carried out virtually entirely ‘on trust’ and without a formal contract, with payment being made on a ‘time spent’ basis. The contract only came to an end with a change of management and the introduction of a more formal contractual procedure with a third party.
The main duties consisted of the following:
- Shrub bed weeding and herbicide spraying.
- Grass cutting to formal lawn areas.
- Grass cutting to amenity areas.
- Applications of fertiliser.
- Selective herbicide spraying to grass areas.
- Litter picking.
- Pruning of shrubs and hedges.
- Thinning and replanting works.
Whilst on site, towards the latter end of the maintenance contract, we successfully tendered and won the landscaping contract to the new NFU conference centre building on behalf of Thomas Vale Construction.