Brookstray Play Area, Coventry
Brookstray Play Area was constructed on behalf of Coventry City Council. Based upon a ‘fortress’ design the works briefly consisted of the following:
- Earthworks and ground contouring .
- Construction of natural stone fortress wall.
- Supply and installation of timber sleeper ramparts and drawbridge.
- Supply and installation of play equipment.
- Supply and installation of bespoke sculptures including two hand carved storytelling chairs and a chiselled stone tablet.
- Installation of stepping stones and stepping logs.
- Installation of site furniture including benches and litterbins.
- Construction of connecting footpaths.
- Seeding and shrub planting.
The hand carved sculptures ignite the imagination of children, and coupled with the moat that runs around the outside of the stone fortress wall, a clear child friendly and fairy-tale setting is complete.