Alan Higgs Centre, Coventry
Bernhard’s were commissioned by GallifordTry Construction to construct five natural grass pitches, a 3G synthetic pitch and an indoor synthetic area for use by Coventry City FC Youth Academy. The main pitch consisted of a suspended water table comprising drainage, a gravel base layer, rootzone layers, seeding and a pop-up irrigation system. The four training pitches comprised drainage, sand amelioration, seeding and a pop up irrigation system. The automatic irrigation system included the sinking of a new borehole with associated pumping facilities.
The main features of the project were:
- Full primary drainage systems.
- Importation and spreading of specialist rootzone layers and sand amelioration.
- Installation of fully automatic irrigation systems.
- Installation of borehole and associated pumping facilities.
- Twelve months maintenance
All of the pitches were maintained for 12 months following practical completion.